New Books

New Books, yay!

Today I'm going to post the newest dinosaur books for adults. They are all art books.

All Yesterdays by John Conway

According to Amazon: "All Yesterdays is a book about the way we see dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals. Lavishly illustrated with over sixty original artworks, All Yesterdays aims to challenge our notions of how prehistoric animals looked and behaved. As a critical exploration of palaeontological art, All Yesterdays asks questions about what is probable, what is possible, and what is commonly ignored. Written by palaeozoologist Darren Naish, and palaeontological artists John Conway and C.M. Kosemen, All Yesterdays is scientifically rigorous and artistically imaginative in its approach to fossils of the past - and those of the future."

How to Draw Dinosaurs volumes 1 and 2 by Tracy Lee Ford

According to Amazon: "In 1996, at the 2nd Dinofest in Arizona I met Mike Fredricks. He self publishes Prehistoric Times. At the banquet I sat at a table with Ned Colbert and his wife. His son came by but the table was full. I graciously gave him my chair. Ned said I didn't have to, I just told him, 'No problem, I just go bug Bakker'. Ned laughed (I write this in his memory), I then sat with Mike Fredricks. I thought about doing an article on How to Draw Dinosaurs for his magazine and asked if he'd like me to do so, he was all for it and have been doing so ever since. I'm eternally grateful for him an his editorial work on my articles (which I hope have gotten better). I’ve been writing these articles since then. The early articles are not available and I wanted to put together these volumes so they would be available. Some of what I talk about, I believe is important, for both the lay man and scientist. Drawing dinosaurs is easy, getting them accurate is difficult, especially when the science keeps changing and adding more discoveries and theories. I do my best to keep the readers up to date on the paleontological discoveries."

"This is a second of a series of books. Each book will have 25 of my How to Draw Dinosaurs articles published in Prehistoric Times. I use the anatomy of dinosaurs, new paleontological research, to help inform the reader on how to illustrate, sculpt, and inform the reader on how dinosaurs looked when they were alive. I do my best to be as accurate as possible. This is a good series for anyone who is interested in Dinosaurs."

I hope you like the list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Why Why?

Dinosaur Reading List for May 2018

New Month, New Page